Dealing with the threats to our environment means big changes to our world.
We launched this column so that you have place to send your questions about environmental threats and climate change and its impacts, along with what can be done about it.
This column is written by us, Allen and Barbara, who together handle communications for Environmental Defence’s work on the environment and climate change. Between us, we have more than 30 years of trying to understand and explain complex policies for the public.
One important note: Climate change is real and is primarily caused by human activity. Everything else is open for discussion.
Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some rules about Dear Environmental Defenders
- If you disagree with a policy Environmental Defence supports, or don’t understand how something is going to work, we really want to talk about that!
- That said: we’re not going to engage in bad faith Q&As with people who don’t think climate change is happening, or don’t think we need to do anything about it.
- If we don’t know something, or the evidence is inconclusive, or there’s different points of view, we’re going to do our best to lay that out for you. We definitely don’t know everything.
- The only way to reach us is to email us.
- Since we work at a Canadian organization, our focus is mostly going to be on what’s happening in Canada.
We look forward to answering your questions!