BLUE FLAG PROGRAM COORDINATOR
POSITION TYPE: Full Time Term Employment – 6 Months
Environmental Defence (www.environmentaldefence.ca) is Canada’s most effective environmental action organization. We challenge and inspire change in government, business and people to ensure a greener, healthier and prosperous life for all.
REPORTING TO: Blue Flag Program Manager
JOB SUMMARY: We seek a highly organized, experienced, and outgoing individual to fill the role of Blue Flag Program Coordinator. Reporting to the Blue Flag Program Manager, the Blue Flag Program Coordinator is responsible the development and implementation of the Blue Flag program at beaches and marinas. The Coordinator will also provide research, writing, and logistical support.
- Conduct outreach to prospective Blue Flag applicants
- Identify opportunities for promoting Blue Flag (i.e., community events)
- Conduct feasibility studies for potential Blue Flag beaches and marinas
- Conduct control visits to ensure that beaches and marinas meet Blue Flag standards
- Liaise with community partners that act as local representatives for the program
- Liaise with beach managers and public health units and support their efforts
- Organize Blue Flag educational workshops to engage community stakeholders
- Promote the Blue Flag program at conferences and public events
- Help the Program Manager research and write communications materials
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement and public presentations
- Experience managing a team
- Understanding of environmental issues related to coastal environments and human health
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Computer skills including use of MS Office
- College or university degree in related field is an asset
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Commitment to Enviromental Defence’s vision and misson
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Outgoing and effective at communicating persuasively
- A strong interest in environmental and public health issues
- Highly organized, with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- High level of initiative and self motivation
- Flexible and adaptable
Valid Ontario Driver’s License
Must be able to travel and accommodate a schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.
Applications submitted by Monday, May 8 2017 at 9 a.m.
Please direct your application BY EMAIL to email@example.com.
Include “Blue Flag Program Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Environmental Defence is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.