BLUE GREEN CANADA, CITIZENS FOR PUBLIC JUSTICE, CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICIANS FOR THE ENVIRONMENT, CLIMATE ACTION NETWORK CANADA, ENVIRONMENTAL DEFENCE, FOR THE LOVE OF CREATION
On Wednesday, April 21, 2021, the day before world leaders come together this Earth Day at the Leaders Climate Summit hosted by President Joe Biden, a coalition of groups is calling on Canada’s federal government to increase the ambition of its actions to combat climate change. The organizations are highlighting that doing our fair share on climate action is not only Canada’s responsibility, but within our reach, with strong regulations, increased investment and a commitment to justice.
What: Online press conference about expectations for Canada’s climate leadership in advance of the Leaders Climate Summit
When: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 9:30am ET / 6:30 am PT
- Catherine Abreu, Executive Director, Climate Action Network Canada
- Naolo Charles, Founder, BE Initiative and Co-Founder, the National Anti-Environmental Racism Coalition
- Eriel Tchekwie Deranger, Executive Director, Indigenous Climate Action
- Kate Herriot, Climate Justice Saskatoon
- Dr. Courtney Howard, Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment
- The Most Rev. Mark MacDonald, National Indigenous Archbishop, Anglican Church of Canada
- Dale Marshall, National Climate Program Manager, Environmental Defence
- Joie Warnock, Assistant to the President, Unifor
Where: Held via Zoom. Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_28_9CPbHQz23IgOXzEqlMw
A french language version of this press conference will be held at 8:30am Eastern.
For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Barbara Hayes, Environmental Defence, email@example.com