Join the NO MORE HIGHWAYS Day of Action
The Ontario government is planning two new highways through Ontario's precious farmland and Greenbelt - Highway 413 and the Holland Marsh Highway (Bradford Bypass).
If built, the highways would pave over farms, forests, wetlands and a portion of the Greenbelt and cost taxpayers upwards of $6-10 Billion. Highway 413 alone would also add over 17 million tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, at a time when cutting emissions is more urgent than ever.
Enough is enough. We need to show the province that Ontarians do not want more megahighways, we want local produce, effective public transit and livable, walkable communities.
On Saturday, July 24th, Ontarians from across the region will hold rallies and events to tell the provincial government what we want: "No More Highways."
Join an event
See details of events happening below, and email us at email@example.com if you have an event you'd like to add to this list.
- Concerned Citizens of King Township are leading an information drop near the King City On Route: Service Center 400 Northbound from 1pm. Email Sherry Draisey to learn more.
- Stop the 413 activists will be handing out flyers in Kleinberg across the city and in the Nashville reserve at Huntington Road and Kirby Road, the McMichael Art Gallery, the intersection of King Vaughan Road and Weston Road, and Bintertwine Park from 10:30am - 12pm. Contact Irene Ford for more information.
- Stop the 413 activists will hold a rally at the Gore Road and Healey Road intersection in Caledon at approximately 2 pm. For more information contact Dan O'Reilly.
- Join Stop the 413 activists for a sign wave and information drop at the Orangeville Farmers' Market at 90 Broadway, Orangeville at 10am. Text Laura Campbell on 416-857-3056 for more information.
- Simcoe County Greenbelt Coalition will hold a rally outside Transport Minister Caroline Mulroney's office at Unit 8, 45 Grist Mill Road, Holland Landing, L9N 1M7, from 11-12.30pm. Join the event, or contact Margaret Prophet for more information.
- Sierra Club Peel will hold a demonstration outside MPPs offices in Brampton for a banner demo and sign waving.
Meet on the sidewalk on Hurontario in front of the plaza - parking available at both locations.Prabmeet Sarkaria MPP 9:30 a.m. - Unit 412A, 7700 Hurontario St.Amarjot Sandhu MPP 11:00 a.m. - Unit 309, 10 Gillingham Dr., Brampton, L6X 0G6Contact Rosemary Keenan for more information.
Mississauga - POSTPONED TO SUNDAY, JULY 25
- Sustainable Mississauga will be visiting local MP Iqra Khalid's office and local MPP Sheref Sabawy's office as well as biking the length of the 413 running through Peel. Ride starts and ends at Tom Chater Memorial Park (3195 The Collegeway, Mississauga, ON L5L 4Z6) from 2-5pm. Contact Rahul Mehta.
- Oakville Climate Action will hold a rally at the Trafalgar and Cornwall intersection in Oakville from 1 - 2.30pm. Contact Aki Tanaka for more information
Show your support online!
Click here to tweet at Minister Caroline Mulroney and tell her you support #Stopthe413, #StoptheBradfordBypass and #NoMoreHighways
Help us get the word out!
Use these images to share the Day of Action on social media, using the hashtags #NoMoreHighways, #Stopthe413 and #StoptheBradfordBypass