Talking points for your call:
- Introduce yourself (let them know that you live in Ontario). Explain that you would like to give feedback on the government’s plan to address climate change.
- Explain why climate action is important to you. Consider sharing your fears, hopes, vision for a climate-stable future and/or the opportunities you see from taking climate action.
- Ask them why they are fighting carbon pricing – one of the simplest and most cost-effective ways to act on climate change.
- Ask why is the minister taking part in spreading misinformation with statements that have no evidence, for example, saying that carbon pricing will cause a recession?
- Ask for concrete examples of how they plan to reduce carbon pollution without a price on pollution.
- Thank them for the conversation and ask them to step up to the challenge. Our future and the future of our kids is at risk.