Don’t let sprawl developers plow over Ontario’s endangered species. Call your MPP today!
The world is facing the highest rate of extinction in human history. Here in southern Ontario, 90 per cent of our wetlands and forests have already been lost.
But instead of stepping up to ensure the protection of our most vulnerable species, the provincial government is moving Ontario in the opposite direction. Our environment is being compromised to make more money for developers.
The province’s new housing plan, the More Homes, More Choice Bill (Bill 108), includes amendments to the Endangered Species Act (ESA) in Schedule 5. If these changes are approved, the law will be practically useless at protecting endangered species within Ontario.
We cannot stand by and allow the government to sacrifice the health of our environment and our communities to increase developer profits. We need to make sure our government representatives hear from all Ontarians. Any government that refuses to hear its people, consider what is best for its communities, the environment and future generations, doesn’t represent for us!
We demand an approach that values integrity, a healthy environment and the well-being of all Ontarians.
Not one that prioritizes the agendas of sprawl developers.
There is power in numbers. Raise your voice and call today.
Tips for your call
- The constituency office hours are usually from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is best to make the call during these hours if possible.
- Use a headset or hands-free. This will give you both hands to take notes about what was said.
- Be polite and direct.
- Make sure to ask for a response and to provide them with return contact information.
- Thank them for their time and attention.
- In some cases, you will be directed to a voicemail or the inbox will be full. Please be patient and either leave a message or call back at a later date/time.
- If you are uncomfortable making a call during business hours, you can always call and leave a message in the evening.