POSITION TYPE: Full Time permanent position
Environmental Defence Canada (www.environmentaldefence.ca) is a leading Canadian advocacy organization that works with government, industry and individuals to defend clean water, a safe climate and healthy communities.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the IT Manager is responsible for maintaining websites, internet servers, and office servers, as well as client workstations and ongoing user support.
- Update and maintain multiple websites on WordPress and Drupal
- Develop new features for websites
- Support of PC based user hardware
- Administer user accounts for Windows domain and Google apps
- Maintenance and security for 3 internet servers and 2 office servers
- Daily backups of files
- Work with Engagement and Communications team on new webpages (including design and lay-out) and new supporter actions (including petition and letter writing campaigns)
- Database and analytics support including media monitoring platform, Google Analytics
- 5 years of demonstrated success in user support and website development & security
- Expert knowledge of WordPress, Drupal, PHP, CSS, HTML and MySQL
- Expert knowledge of Linux operating system for maintenance of web servers
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and higher along with active directory for maintenance of office file servers
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 client operating system
- Knowledge of Google Apps, Quickbooks and Raisers Edge
- Knowledge of CRM databases such as Engaging Networks, New/Mode, or Salsa Labs is desired
- Experience developing and designing webpages
- Commitment to Environmental Defence Canada’s vision and mission
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Great attention to detail, good design eye
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Proactive trouble-shooter and problem solver
- Interested in introducing new and innovative ideas to the team
This is permanent full-time position based in our downtown Toronto office. We offer a benefits package after a 3 month probationary period.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a list of websites you have developed by email to: email@example.com
Deadline: April 1, 2019 at 9 am.
Start date: May 13, 2019
No phone calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be notified. Environmental Defence is an equal opportunity employer.