Environmental Defence ( www.environmentaldefence.ca ) challenges and inspires change in government, business and people to ensure a greener, healthier and prosperous life for all.
As Grant Writer, you will bring your sharp storytelling, strategic mindset and dogged determination for growing foundations and government granting to a team of talented, innovative campaigners working to make the world a better place. Environmental Defence offers a collaborative, respectful environment and many opportunities to take the initiative and think outside the box.
*Note: This posting is for an additional Grant Writer. The position advertised by EDC in October 2018 has been successfully filled. *
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grant Writer researches, manages, and stewards the foundation and government grant portfolio from proposal to final reports.
- With the Director of Development, develop annual fundraising goals for foundation and government giving
- Steward existing funders and create strategic funding opportunities
- Participate in stewardship, networking and cultivation activities to effectively engage existing and prospective foundations
- Identify and cultivate new foundation and government grant opportunities
- Create funding proposals and reports in collaboration with the campaign teams
- Manage multiple critical timelines and deliverables
- Administer and monitor all grants to ensure reports are completed and submitted accurately and on time in compliance with grant agreements
- 3-5 years of demonstrated success in researching and preparing grant proposals
- Superior written and oral communication skills including high-level command of grammar and spelling
- Fluency in budget preparation and reporting and expense tracking
- Commitment to the Environmental Defence mission, vision, and values; knowledge of Canadian environmental issues an asset
- Strong organizational and administrative skill
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse team
- College or university degree
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in the use of MS Office
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software is an asset
This is permanent full-time position based in our downtown Toronto office. We offer a benefits package after a 3 month probationary period. We are interested in filling this position as soon as possible so we will be reviewing applications as they arrive.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a successful grant application you have written by email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Monday, January 21, 2018 at 9 am
No phone calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be notified. Environmental Defence is an equal opportunity employer.