Position Type: Full Time Term Employment ending March 31 2019
Environmental Defence (www.environmentaldefence.ca) is Canada’s most effective environmental action organization. We challenge and inspire change in government, business and people to ensure a greener, healthier and prosperous life for all.
Reporting to Managing Director, the Engagement Manager is responsible for the overall development and coordination of engagement opportunities. Working with Campaign staff, the Engagement Coordinator, and the Engagement Team, the Engagement Manager organizes events in Ontario to engage the public in Environmental Defence campaigns.
- Producing and coordinating engagement plans to reach engagement goals for specific campaigns as well as for Environmental Defence
- Managing public engagement activities and/or events with staffing needs and other resources to maximize resources and meet engagement targets and budgets
- Providing support to Campaign staff for events such as engagement events and workshops, including the coordination of the team of part time outreach staff
- Analyzing activities & preparing reports to inform future engagement activities
- Hiring, training and supervising Engagement staff (part-time contracts)
- Helping implement ladder of engagement steps to develop relationships between Environmental Defence & the public
Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement and public presentations
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and supervising engagement teams
- Understanding of environmental issues an asset
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer skills including use of MS Office; knowledge of data systems such as Engaging Networks an asset
- College or university degree in related field is an asset
- Commitment to Environmental Defence’s vision and mission
- Outgoing and effective at communicating persuasively
- A strong interest in environmental issues
- Sound judgment and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly organized, with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- High level of initiative and self motivation, flexible and adaptable
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Must be able to travel and accommodate a schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.
This is a full time, salaried, term position with completion date of March 31, 2019, based in our downtown Toronto office. We offer a benefits package after the 3 month probationary period.
Applications will be accepted until 9 am on Monday May 28.
Please direct your application BY EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of: Mary Ford, HR Manager, and include “Engagement Manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Environmental Defence is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.