Digital Engagement Manager
Position Type: Full-time term position ending March 31 2019
Environmental Defence (www.environmentaldefence.ca) is Canada’s most effective environmental action organization. We challenge and inspire change in government, business and people to ensure a greener, healthier and prosperous life for all.
POSITION SUMMARY & CORE EXPECTATIONS
We seek a Digital Engagement Manager (DEM) to help build and steward our online community, and support our online advocacy initiatives. Specifically, the DEM will lead content planning, execution and community management for a project to build awareness for actions that Ontarians can take to fight climate change.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms and digital engagement technology
- Measureable success in developing a social media strategy and content calendar, creating content and executing social media marketing tactics
- Experience managing an active community including monitoring and replying to comments, using tools to find and capitalize on conversations
- Knowledge of statistical tracking and online analytics platforms
- Solid understanding of search-engine optimization, Google Ads/Grants, social advocacy tools
- Thrives in a fast-paced campaign atmosphere, meets tight deadlines and balances competing priorities
He or she will be working in a team, and needs to be flexible, work well under pressure, and be an excellent communicator. The DEM will work will all levels of staff and should possess strong leadership abilities and problem solving skills. This role is a good fit for someone who is motivated and results-oriented.
- In partnership with the Communications team and external suppliers, develop and execute a digital engagement and social media marketing strategy to build awareness of and support for Ontario’s programs to reduce GHG emissions
- Responsible for community management – including growth and engagement tactics; responding to comments and answering questions; analyzing post performances and modifying plans
- Developing a content calendar; creating/curating content including articles, blogs, graphics, videos; promoting content/conversations and sharing actions
- Work with internal team and external suppliers to develop and post website content; monitoring and making modifications to web content as needed
- Track, prepare and deliver a results report at the end of the contract
- Demonstrated experience working with online platforms and communities
- Excellent written, verbal and persuasive communication skills; strong design eye
- A creative thinker who can come up with innovative ways to reach new audiences and solve problems
- Strong project management, organization and time-management skills
- Knowledge of facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google Analytics mandatory; experience using Engaging Networks, Sprout
- Social, video editing and design programs considered an asset
- Experience working with a non-profit or advocacy organization is an asset
This is a full-time salaried term position ending March 31, 2019, based in our downtown Toronto office. We offer a benefits package after the 3 month probationary period.
Applications will be accepted until 9 am on Monday May 28.
In your application please include your resume, a cover letter detailing digital engagement experience, and a sample tweet (140 characters) about yourself as a candidate for this position.
Please direct your application BY EMAIL to email@example.com. Include “Digital Engagement Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Environmental Defence is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.