BLUE FLAG PROGRAM COORDINATOR
POSITION TYPE: Term Contract from July 2 to August 30
Part Time at average 20 hours per week, $20/hour, hours are flexible
Environmental Defence (www.environmentaldefence.ca) is Canada’s most effective environmental action organization. We challenge and inspire change in government, business and people to ensure a greener, healthier and prosperous life for all.
JOB SUMMARY: We seek a highly organized and self starting individual to fill the part time role of Blue Flag Program Coordinator for the summer beach season. Reporting to the Water Programs Manager, the Blue Flag Program Coordinator is responsible for conducting site visit audits to Blue Flag certified beaches and marinas in Ontario and Quebec between July 2 to August 30. Travel expenses will be reimbursed. For more info: BlueFlag.ca
- Conduct control visits to 33 Blue Flag sites to ensure that beaches and marinas meet Blue Flag standards
- Submit control visit reports with non-compliances clearly identified for follow up by the site manager
- Liase with the Water Programs Manager on compliance status for beaches and marinas
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Computer skills including use of MS Office
- College or university degree in related field is an asset
- Commitment to Enviromental Defence’s vision and misson
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently
- A strong interest in environmental and public health issues
- Highly organized, with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- High level of initiative and self motivation
- Flexible and willing to travel
*Valid Ontario Driver’s License or equivalent is mandatory for this position*
The successful candidate must be able to travel, and accommodate a schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, June 24 at 9 a.m. Due to the time line for hiring, applications will be reviewed as they arrive.
Please submit a cover letter and resume and direct your application BY EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Blue Flag Program Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Environmental Defence is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.