Colchester Harbour Marina
Colchester Harbour Marina is situated at the heart of Colchester Centre in the Town of Essex and is the southernmost settlement on mainland Canada. It is located approximately ten kilometres east of the mouth of the Detroit River on the north shore of Lake Erie.
Of the Great Lakes, Lake Erie is the fourth-largest lake by surface area and the smallest lake by volume. It lies upstream from Lake Ontario and receives its water from Lake Huron to the north via the St. Clair River. Lake Erie is thought to have been given its name by the First Nations who lived along its southern coastline.
As the first stop for boaters east of the Detroit River, Colchester Harbour Marina is an important gateway to life on the 42nd parallel. Located at the same latitude as northern California and Rome, Italy, the region produces some of the best grapes in Ontario and supports an award-winning wine industry. The beachfront beauty of Colchester Harbour also makes it a favourite destination for recreational and tourism activities.
Visitors can enjoy scenic farmlands, cycling, walking trails, and local wineries, all within our community.
- Bait Shop – minnows & worms
- Basketball court
- Bike rental
- Boat ramp
- Charter boat services available
- Colchester Guardian Rescue, a local non-profit marine rescue service
- Fuel Dock (no diesel)
- Fully accessible ‘pirate ship’ play structure
- Ice machine with bagged ice
- Parking (including limited trailer parking)
- Pedal boats, kayaks, tubes and stand-up paddleboard rentals available
- Picnic area (picnic tables)
- Public beach
- Public washrooms and showers