Your beach or marina could be flying the Blue Flag. The Blue Flag will bring international recognition to Canada's beaches and marinas, and will:
- encourage improvements to water quality and the coastal ecosystem;
- promote community stewardship ;
- create environmental education opportunities ;
- foster cooperation between health, environmental, tourism, education, and government sectors;
- promote tourism ;
- reassure both Canadians and tourists who visit and enjoy our clean beaches and marinas, that the highest environmental standards are being met and the entire coastal ecosystem is protected.
Learn more about Blue Flag
Apply to be a Blue Flag Beach or Marina
Apply for a Blue Flag by downloading and filling out the form that applies to you.
Feasibility Study Application 2012 for Quebec Beaches in PDF format
Feasibility Study Application 2012 for Ontario Beaches in PDF format
Feasibility Study Application 2012 for Marinas in PDF format
For more information on keeping our beaches clean and safe, please see the following beach quality guidelines: